In Other News...

9:23 AM Posted In , , Edit This 3 Comments »
I was uncharacteristically watching local news this morning and what to my wandering eye should appear but the delightful "headline" that the DTV switch has been pushed back from next week until June to "give people more time" to prepare. WTF?! Because I'm pretty sure they've been scrolling that message with the switch date and the number to call across the bottom of my TV for almost a year now. So the DTV groundhog saw its shadow and now we're in for four more months of stupid commercials, scroll bars, and obnoxious advertising for a switch that's probably not going to affect that many people. Oh and it's because "some people" didn't get the memo. Darwin says that those people should lose their TV signal 'til they get their stuff together.

3 comments:

Briana A.K.A. Breezy said...

OMG I know! Stupid,stupid text scrolling across my screen!

Chris said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this is ridiculous! I remember first seeing the scrolling message and thinking, "there's no way in flaming Hades that they need this much time to get the word out!" Everyone knows, and I'm pretty sure it costs like, 40 bucks for a converter box. Let's get this moving! The way I see it, the faster we go all-digital, the sooner we go all-HD.

Katie said...

I believe the real reason for this is that when they announced the change to digital TV, Dr. 90210 and all the other plastic surgeons got overwhelmed, so our favorite TV personalities need more time to get "digital" pretty. Just my theory :)