2 Down, 88 To Go!

12:01 AM Posted In , , Edit This 3 Comments »
Two wonderful years ago today I married my best friend, biggest fan, and love of my life. It was the easiest and best decision I've ever made and I honestly feel so ridiculously, undeservingly blessed that this beautiful man chose to share his life with me! I don't usually get sappy on this blog but I figure it's my blog so what the hell. :-)

We got married in a beautiful, simple celebration at a home on the San Gabriel River in Liberty Hill with everyone we love there to share it with us. It was a perfect day - beautiful weather, smiling faces, more love and joy than I've ever seen or felt in one place before or since, and no major disasters. Not even really any minor disasters. Our dear friend Rachael wrote and performed the ceremony (including one of my favorite poems of all time, see below) and then we moved the party up the hill for barbecue, dancing, and lots and lots of cupcakes. Best. Day. Ever!!

"You are joined together, and together you shall be forevermore.

You shall be together when white wings of death scatter your days.

You shall be together even in the silent memory of God.

But let there be spaces in your togetherness,

And let the winds of the heavens dance between you.

Love one another but make not a bond of love:

Let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls.

Fill each other's cup but drink not from one cup.

Give one another of your bread but eat not from the same loaf.

Sing and dance together and be joyous, but let each one of you be alone,

Even as the strings of a lute are alone though they quiver with the same music.

Give your hearts, but not into each other's keeping.

For only the hand of Life can contain your hearts.

And stand together, yet not too near together:

For the pillars of the temple stand apart,

And the oak tree and the cypress grow not in each other's shadow."

From The Prophet by Khalil Gilbran

Happy anniversary, babe! Love you.

3 comments:

Camden said...

Awwww, so cute! You two are so lucky to have each other :)

Pink Sun Drops said...

Beautiful! And how sweet! Anniversaries are definitely something to get sappy for!

I have to tell you, I used to have your exact same template before I converted to my blank sheet of whiteness. I had it for awhile and decided I needed a change, but couldn't figure out WHAT change. So it's a blank slate until I do decide : ) . I still LOVE this one, though!!

Briana A.K.A. Breezy said...

Congrats! It looked like a beautiful day!