Can You Hear Me Now?

10:01 PM Edit This 2 Comments »
"...how about now? Hello? Are you there? What do you mean it's hard to understand me? I can hear- I sound tired? Oh, maybe it's because I'm exercising."

Yup, that's right - you probably think this is a gym blog, but HA HA you're wrong. Today Screech (Full name "Hayma Screech", I'm "Yerma Screech" and it's a long story about my sister and I watching "The Amazing Race".) and I went for a run/walk at one of the hike and bike trails around here and while we were running, burning hot, down the kind of hilly and unstable gravel trail, this guy dashes by going the other direction, decked out in the super cool sporty sunglasses, wind jacket tied around his waist, traveling at a pretty good clip and having a full-blown conversation on his cell phone. I was baffled, half because I was like "Really dude? You can't cut the digital leash for an hour in the afternoon?" and half because, well, that's impressive. I mean I have to focus just to kind of grunt out a "Hi" as I pass people going the other way (This is the friendly state, after all!) but to just trot along, making chit-chat and business decisions...that is something else.

But at the same time another person's workout is kind of one of those things I don't want to be a part of, cellularly. Also on that list of things is at the doctor's office and while you're in the bathroom.

2 comments:

Diana said...

Haha, "cut the digital leash"

Erini CS said...

my roommates and I recently had a conversation about texting while in the bathroom...
... I've sent emails while in there... only once...